Wednesday 27 June 2012

The World Is Your Oyster

Last year The Oysters Summer Party was one that throughout trying could not be topped by any other organised parties (spontaneous nights out that of course end up amazing do not count). It was also the reason I decided to start this blog. I wished that I had a blog already so I could try and get across that fantabulousness of this party. Alas I didn't start the blog until after. This year it's all going to be different...

Today I received my invite for this year's party. It is only 10 days away. The world will drop everything for this party and boy do they know it. In previous years we have schmoozed with flamingos atop Kensington Roof Gardens, drank copious cocktails, made our own hand rolled sushi (and ate properly prepared rolls), danced the night away, taken away THE best goodie bag I've ever received and a free holiday. Splendid.

The party is for international event organisers. Countries from all over the world (classes as 'oysters') bring you the best of their country to try and entice you to hold your next event in their representative countries.

Here is some of the other things we did last year...

Chocolate from Switzerland...
Gentlemen from Australia...
Food from Japan...
Dancing from the 70s...
...and Santa in July
There was also a photo booth. Pictures from said booth are remaining under lock and key no matter how much you beg to see them. Suffice to say it was incredible.

I can barely wait until this year... wardrobe decisions must be made. Camera cables must be found (still!)
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment