Saturday 9 June 2012

10k to start the day...


Having just finished one of my toughest training runs (attempting my target time over the distance), in the gale force winds, mostly uphill and having only recently finished my scrambled egg (singular) on toast...part of my current 1200 calorie per day diet something occurred to me. Possibly it's not a good idea to be on a 1200 calorie per day diet while attempting to run a 10k. Also that that is an incredibly long sentence.

Post Italy I have been trying to get into fighting fit shape including shifting the additional pasta and pizza lbs. I have set myself a target weight loss, while weeks away from my run. Good points of that...one is certainly doing some favours for the other...The other interesting twist in the tale, I am away on a work trip for the 4 days immediately before my race.

Post the jubilee weekend (so since Tuesday) I have not had a drink. A horrific hangover from Monday, yes. A drink? No. This is going to be impossible while away with work, especially as we are hosting a cocktail party on one evening. Networking and not drinking? I wonder...

In other news, I have been a sloppy blogger since leaving my camera cord at work, and not being in the office for two weeks now = bad. Some of the things you have to look forward to include my new hair, new shoes, new nails and lots more on Italia.

Until then, I really must have a shower...
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment