Thursday 24 May 2012

Glossybox - 1st Anniversary Edition

I had high expectations with this months Glossybox having been pleasantly delighted with April's edition. My anticipation reached peak level when my box arrived on the same day it was dispatched (amazing) and was HEAVY, this thrilled me - a-lot.

It was my first one that had the trademark pink box...and the wrapping inside was delicious (by this time peopole have crowded around my desk, anticipation is at unbearable levels - especially because usually I don't read the card but look at the products first so it's a surprise!)

On opening the box it looked stuffed full, which I was happy with. So here's what happened next...

The Noble Isle shower gel smells amazing, I prefer it to the recent Molton Brown one. So far so good. These don't last long however but are great for travelling. It's also the first product of it's kind I've seen to incorporate a QR code - how exciting for nerds.


Next up were the falsh lashes, not something I would usually wear due to being a serial glasses wearer, the length of them doesn't really convey due to my bins getting in the way. These are super cute/over the top with the diamanté on them so I may trim them down and wear them for a laugh at some extravagant night out. I hadn't heard of the brand before and the cost of these wasn't significant (last month I was spoiled with lots of full/large size high quality goods). The value of these is £3.90, for eye lashes this is at the lower end.

The two Lolita Lempicka perfume samples got my attention next, mainly for the wrong reasons. The Narcisso perfume in my first box was gorgeous but they are so small they only really last a couple of sprays so the value doesn't feel as much. I have so many perfumes that I like I tend to not to be in the market for others. I may change my preferences to see if I can avoid getting perfume samples.

Not even last is the Aptiva masks 'express beauty with cucumber'. These are apparently £3.50 per sachet which feels a lot, so hopefully these will be lavishly decadent. I will take them on holiday to repair my sunned skin.

I thought I had been swizzed as I couldn't see the hair treatment one of my friends was excited about after reading the card, the little sneaky pot had camouflaged itself in the black packing paper. The retail price is £19.99 for this aragon oil hair treatment. The size of the sample is only 10ml, so £2 worth. This smells so good I almost wanted to eat it. Ideas mused around the desk were it smells of Haribo or it smells of Red Bull..common denominator? Sugar. My hair is in for a sweet treat. I cannot wait to use probably the whole thing in one sitting. Again, this will be a holiday treat one evening to repair my sun bleached hair.

Overall this month's box isn't as much value as the previous ones and the products aren't necessarily things I'd buy. I will try them however - and it may be fun to be cucumber face masked up with diamanté eye lashes on...

The ''birthday treats' were a welcome surprise, compact mirrors are always useful but the balloon caused some confusion around the office, it was a nice touch!

Happy Birthday Glossybox - see you next month x
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment