Monday 5 March 2012

My New (Old) Blazer

Adding a blazer to any outfit instantly adds a touch of chic. Jeans and a t-shirt can be zhushed up before you can say slim line single breast.

This weekend after travelling exceptionally light I was on a rummage in my Mum's wardrobe (the part that doesn't see daylight) for a coat/jacket/wrap something to keep warm. I found this absolute gem. How I have not discovered it in the previous 26 years is a mystery.



As predicted it turned my jeans and top combo into a winning outfit, and allowed me to say to anyone who would listen 'it has shoulder pads...REAL ONES from the 80s.'

It shall now be entering my wardrobe and become best friend with jeans, casual t-shirts, dresses, trousers, skirts, shirts, sparkly vests...pretty much anything. Such a good colour and well made. It does make you think, I doubt my children will rummage in my closet and pull out a h&m number, even if it is having its day now.





Fantastically fitted and tailored you can practically smell the quality. It's missing a gold button on the right arm, but aside from that you wouldn't know it wasn't brand new. How things come back into fashion.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment